These guidelines are for anyone, including but not limited to XSales® Mobility licensees, authorized dealers, distributors, resellers, developers, and customers, who wishes to use XSales® Mobility trademarks on promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, on websites, products, or packaging, or in any other manner or capacity not specifically mentioned in these guidelines.
Following these guidelines protects XSales® Mobility’s trademark rights and strengthens XSales® Mobility’s corporate and brand identities. By using a XSales® Mobility trademark, you are acknowledging that XSales® Mobility is the sole owner of the trademark, that you will not interfere with XSales® Mobility’s rights in the trademark, including challenging XSales® Mobility’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or make disreputable any XSales® Mobility trademark or any word or mark confusingly similar to XSales® Mobility’s trademarks. If you, in the course of using XSales® Mobility trademarks, acquire any goodwill in any of the marks, all such goodwill will automatically vest in XSales® Mobility and you shall take all such actions or execute any documents necessary to affect such vesting.
You may use XSales® Mobility trademarks or product names to refer specifically to XSales® Mobility products. XSales® Mobility does not object to your making referential use of XSales® Mobility trademarks or product names (but not logos and design marks), provided you follow our trademark guidelines below and provided the referential use does not portray XSales® Mobility in a false light. Moreover, your use must not mislead the public as to XSales® Mobility sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your company, products, or services.
1. Properly identify XSales® Mobility trademarks
Proper identification of the XSales® Mobility trademarks includes marking them with the appropriate trademark symbol (® or TM), as shown on the product lists on our website, and using the correct product and services descriptor/generic noun. Do not vary the spelling, use a possessive or plural form, or use the trademark as a noun or verb. You may underline, italicize, or bold the name.
Do not use the ® registration symbol when referring to XSales® Mobility as a company; use it only when referring to specific XSales® Mobility products and services. Both trademark symbols (® and TM) should be superscripted and made less prominent than the XSales® Mobility product/service name.
2. Use trademark notices
You should refer to the full product name and use proper trademark symbols with our trademark(s) completely at the first and most prominent reference, or as soon as practicable thereafter. Include an attribution of XSales® Mobility’s ownership of the trademark within the credit notice section of your documentation, packaging, or advertisement. The correct format is as follows:
“(Trademark) is either a registered trademark or trademark of XSales® Mobility in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.”
You may state, if true, that a XSales® Mobility product is compliant with your product by using an appropriate phrase, such as “for use with,” “for,” or “works with,” so long as nothing in the manner of your use would create confusion about the source or the manufacturer. The XSales® Mobility trademark must not be part of your product name, and must appear less prominent than your product name. You must not knowingly make statements regarding XSales® Mobility or XSales® Mobility products and services that are false, misleading, inaccurate, fraudulent, or potentially damaging to XSales® Mobility and its affiliates.
4. Publications, seminars, and conferences
You may reference XSales® Mobility and XSales® Mobility products if (a) the publication, seminar, or conference relates to XSales® Mobility or a XSales® Mobility product; (b) your name and logo appear more prominently than XSales® Mobility’s on all related printed materials; (c) you include a disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by XSales® Mobility; and (d) you include a trademark attribution that is compliant with the notice format provided above.
5. Merchandise items
Do not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items, including but not limited to mugs, T-shirts, etc., bearing XSales® Mobility trademarks, including logos, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from XSales® Mobility.
6. Trade dress
Do not imitate XSales® Mobility’s logos, trade dress, or other elements of XSales® Mobility products, product packaging, or website in any of your materials, including but not limited to advertising, product packaging, websites, and promotional materials.
7. Slogans and taglines
Do not use or imitate any XSales® Mobility slogans or taglines.
8. Domain names
You may not use an identical or virtually identical XSales® Mobility trademark as a domain name or second- level domain name.
9. Third-party developers
Your use of any XSales® Mobility trademark must be consistent with the rest of the XSales® Mobility’s trademark guidelines. Specifically, you must use the full and proper XSales® Mobility trademark. Do not abbreviate it in any way, use any derivative of it, or use any play on the trademark:
In addition, do not use a XSales® Mobility trademark to refer to a category of products. Similarly, do not use a depiction of a XSales® Mobility product unless your application is specific only to that XSales® Mobility product.
Guidelines for usage of the XSales® Mobility corporate logo and design marks
The XSales® Mobility corporate logo and other design marks may not be used for any purpose without an express written trademark license from XSales® Mobility. They are specifically designed forms, and may not be re-typeset or modified in any way. Detailed guidelines regarding the logo and design marks are included below.
1. Combining the logo and design marks with other graphics
The XSales® Mobility logo and design marks never appear with any other symbol or icon, nor are they contained within a box, circle, or other shape.
The XSales® Mobility logo and design marks may be used only when referring to XSales® Mobility or XSales® Mobility products and services. In addition to the color, size, and placement rules outlined below, third parties must also agree to the following terms and conditions when using our corporate logo and design marks. Any use of the logo or design marks that falls outside these terms and conditions is strictly prohibited:
- The XSales® Mobility logo and design marks may only be used to identify XSales® Mobility or XSales® Mobility products or services.
- The XSales® Mobility logo and design marks may not be used in a manner that would imply your company is sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with XSales® Mobility.
- The XSales® Mobility logo and design marks may not be used in a manner that would imply goods, services, or websites provided by your company are sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with XSales® Mobility.
- The XSales® Mobility logo and design marks may not be used in a manner that would disparage XSales® Mobility, its affiliates, or its products and services.
- The XSales® Mobility logo and design marks should never appear larger and/or more prominent than your trade name, service name, or trademark in any materials produced or distributed by your company.
- The XSales® Mobility logo and design marks should be accompanied by the following footnote:“(Trademark) is either a registered trademark or trademark of XSales® Mobility in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.”
- You must use the XSales® Mobility logo and design marks as provided by XSales® Mobility with no changes in the color or design. Digital or camera-ready art is provided for reproduction purposes only.
- XSales® Mobility reserves the right to object to unfair uses or misuses of its trademarks or other violations of applicable law.